Situated on the edge of a village at the border of Torbay and the South Hams, we offer 2 holiday lets. Our accommodation provides a base for couples or families to relax and explore the many attractions of the surrounding area. The holiday lets are situated near the entrance to our family run Touring Park which caters for touring caravans and motorhomes. Customers have full access to the park and its grounds.
- Bookings can be made by telephone (Mon -Sat 9am – 11am & 2pm – 5pm. Sunday 9am -11am) and online.
- Large print versions of letters and booking confirmations are available.
- Our Reception can help you with any queries you have.
- The park is situated on the brow of a hill approximately half a mile from the village which has a well stocked store/post office, butcher and pub serving food.
- The nearest bus route is approximately 3/4 of a mile away.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- We are situated 3/4 mile from the main A road.
- Simple directions are given on our website & brochure. N.B. Satellite Navigation systems have been known to give inappropriate directions.
- There is limited car parking in the arrival area.
- Once registered at Reception guests are shown to their accommodation.
Main Entrance & Reception
- Situated at the entrance to the park.
- Access to the Reception and the shop is down a flight of 3 clearly marked steps with a handrail.
- Please sound your horn outside Reception if you would like assistance and we will come to you – we can book you in from your vehicle.
- Between Easter and the end of the season, Duty Wardens are on the park 24hrs a day for emergencies.
- There is a laundry in the main toilet block on the caravan park.
- There are 2 top loading commercial washing machines, 1 dryer and 1 ironing board.
Toilet & Shower Block
- There is a toilet and shower block in the centre of the park.
- There are 12 lady’s toilets and 5 lady’s showers.
- There are 8 men’s toilets, 4 urinals and 5 showers.
- There is a separate disabled bathroom, with shower, basin and toilet.
- There is a separate under 5s bathroom, with child’s bath.
- There is a telephone in reception that can be used in an emergency.
- There is a list of emergency numbers displayed on the office door and on your welcome booklet.
- There is a traditional style red telephone box which is coin operated in the village near The Manor Inn.
- Generally good reception.
- Currently good, masts visible in distance from site.
- An unsupervised play area with swings, slide and climbing equipment is provided for children on the Touring Park. Children under 8 must be supervised by an adult. The play area must be vacated by 9pm.
- Train Station = Paignton (next to Paignton bus station).
- Bus Station = Paignton or Brixham
- Bus Stop = ¾ mile away on main road “ Churston Bridge ” (see above).
- 12 Brixham or Paignton/Torquay/Newton Abbot every 10 mins.
- 120 Kingswear for Dartmouth or Paignton every hour
- Local services are run by Stagecoach 0870 608 2 608 www.stagecoachbus.com
- Paignton & Dartmouth Steam Railway.
- Kingswear for Dartmouth or Paignton. Stops at Churston Bridge . 01803 555872. http://www.paignton-steamrailway.co.uk
- Taxi’s = many available e.g. Dave’s Cabs 01803 406004
- Ace Taxis 01803 882121, Phoenix Taxis 01803 883333
Local equipment hire companies: Aid to Living Centre – (01803) 528716
British Red Cross – (01626) 369731 or 0845 331 3331
Pluss Mobility Centre – (01803) 696568
St John Ambulance – (01803) 328203
Further Information Available from:
The Information Support Officer
Disability Information Service ( Torbay )
Chadwell Annexe, Torquay Road ,
Telephone: (01803) 552175
Textphone: (01803) 523981 (for hearing impaired people)
Fax: (01803) 556060
Torbay & South Devon
Torbay & South Devon
The Torbay area spans the towns of Torquay, Brixham and Paignton and is a popular tourist destination in South Devon, the heart of the English Riviera. Surrounded by amazing coastline and stunning countryside, the area offers all year round...Discover More
Galmpton Touring Park is set in the most beautiful and spectacular part of South Devon, with views over the broadest reaches of the River Dart, occupying a delightful rural position in a quiet and private location...Discover More