1. Who Are We?
All data submitted to this website is collected, process and stored by Wilson Leisure Limited, which is the parent company to Galmpton Touring Park. We are the “data controller,” meaning we determine what data is collected by this website and what it is used for.
Our registered company number is 3054402 and our registered office address is as follows:
Centenary House, Peninsula Park, Rydon Lane, Exeter, EX2 7XE
2. Data Protection Principles and Regulations
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available throughout the website and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
All of our data collection, processing and storage systems – as well as this website – are designed to comply with the following data protection and privacy regulations:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU General Data Protect Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
As part of the above regulations, we process your personal data in according to the following six data protection principles. Data must be:
- Processed fairly, lawfully and transparently.
- Collected and processed only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes.
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed.
- Accurate and kept up to date to the best of our knowledge; any inaccurate data will be rectified or deleted without delay.
- Only kept for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed.
- Processed securely.
As “data controller” we are accountable for any non-compliance with the above principles and regulations.
3. What Information Do We Collect, How Do We Collect It and Why?
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of text that is stored on your computer, phone or other mobile device when using a browser to connect to the internet. Cookies have many uses but specifically, they are used to store information about you on your computer. Unless you have specifically set your computer to reject cookies, websites will already have been using cookies to enhance your online experience.
In order to comply with EU regulations, visitors to our website now have the option of accepting our cookies. We recommend you allow the cookies we set by this website as they help us provide a better service. If you do not want to receive cookies from this website, select cookie settings under the privacy settings in your browser options, then add our domain to the list of websites you do not want to accept cookies from.
The cookies we use on galmptontouringpark.co.uk collect basic information about our visitors including what pages have been visited and how they found our website. The information we gather does not identify anyone and we make no attempt to find out who has been to our site.
What we do gain from this information is a better understanding of what our user’s are interested in on our website and how we can improve the experience.
The cookies we use:
Google Analytics: The Google Analytics cookie contains a randomly generated ID used to recognise your browser when you read a page. The cookie contains no personal information and is used only for web analytics.
Cookie Acceptance: This cookie monitors whether or not you have accepted cookies on our site.
We will not give your contact information to any other organisation unless legally obliged to do so.
For further information on how to manage your cookies with a specific browser, please click the appropriate link below:
To manage your Google Analytics cookies, you can visit the Google Analytics help page, however please bear in mind that information obtained from Google Analytics goes towards improving the user experience on our site.
The above data may also be accessed by our third party marketing provider, Unleashed Web. We use Unleashed Web to undertake some of our marketing activities, including the analysis of our site visitation tracking data. Unleashed Web is only provided access to data required to undertake their role as our marketing services provider.
We use the following site visitation tracking services:
If you decide to contact us via one of the contact forms found on our website, such as the one found on our contact page, any data entered into such forms will be collected into an email and sent to us using the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) as well as being saved onto our servers.
Data sent and collected by our contact forms are protected by SSL encryption, meaning your data is encrypted during communication and storage.
The above data may also be accessed by our third party marketing provider, Unleashed Web. We use Unleashed Web to undertake some of our design and management activities, including the design and management of our website and blog. Unleashed Web is only provided access to data required to undertake their role as our marketing services provider.
Once you send us an e-mail, the message and associated personal data will be in our possession until we decide that we no longer require the information – this is usually after we have read/replied to your message. Should you wish to have the data associated with your e-mail removed from our database please contact M. Newing and provide the e-mail address you used to send your communication.
We will not use this information to contact you for marketing purposes or any other purpose not directly related to your enquiry.
If you choose to join our mailing list (we will only add you to our mailing list if you consent to us doing so) then your e-mail address will be passed on to Send in Blue, who is our third-party e-mail marketing service provider. The data you provide will not be stored on our servers, in our database or on any of our internal computer systems.
We may pass your e-mail data on to our third party marketing provider, Unleashed Web. We use Unleashed Web to undertake some of our marketing activities, including designing, management and sending our marketing e-mails. Unleashed Web is only provided access to data required to undertake their role as our marketing services provider.
Your data will remain with Send in Blue, as long as we continue to use their services or until you request removal from the list. You can remove yourself from the list by using the unsubscribe link contained in all of our marketing emails, or by requesting removal via an e-mail sent to M. Newing. Please ensure that you include the e-mail you used to sign-up to our mailing list in the first place.
If you are under the age of 16 you MUST obtain parental permission prior to joining our mailing list.
We will not add you to any lists that you have not actively signed up for.
Invoices and Bookings
If you choose to make a booking with us then the personal details associated with your order, such as name, address and the contents and value of your purchase, will be stored on our servers. We will not, however, store any of your payment details – such as your credit or debit card number – as this information is processed by SmartPark and Opayo, our third party booking and payment processors.
This data will remain with us for the period required by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) in line with their Records Management and Retention and Disposal Policy. This period currently stands at six years after the end of the current year (six years + one year). After this time, should you wish to have the data associated with your purchase removed from our database, please contact M. Newing – using the contact details in section 10 – and provide any information that could be used to identify your invoice(s) or purchase(s).
If you are under the age of 16 you MUST obtain parental permission prior to making a purchase on our website.
We will not use this information to contact you for marketing purposes.
Recruitment and Employment
If you apply to work at Wilson Leisure Limited, we will only use the information supplied to process the application and to monitor recruitment statistics. Where we want to disclose information to a third party, for example where we want to take up a reference or obtain a ‘disclosure’ from the Disclosures and Barring Service, we will not do so without informing you beforehand unless the disclosure is required by law.
Personal information about unsuccessful candidates will be held for 12 months after the recruitment exercise has been completed, it will then be destroyed or deleted. We retain de-personalised statistical information about applicants to help inform our recruitment activities, but no individuals are identifiable from that data.
Once a person has taken up employment with the Company, we will compile a file relating to their employment. The information contained in this will be kept secure and will only be used for purposes directly relevant to that person’s employment. Once their employment with Wilson Leisure Limited has ended, we will retain that data for a period no longer than six years and then delete it.
We will not use this information to contact applicants or current and past employees for marketing purposes.
4. How Do We Protect and Store Your Data?
We are fully committed to ensuring your information and privacy are protected in accordance with your rights under Data Protect Act and General Data Protection Regulation.
We are committed to protecting the data we hold about you and ensuring it is secure, private and confidential. We have put in place robust technical, physical and managerial controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information we hold about you.
We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption and, where possible, physical barriers to keep your personal data safe.
We do not ordinarily encrypt emails sent out in the course of our work. We do, however, always consider what information is being sent by email and, as part of our approach to data protection, consider any additional protection that may be required to keep your data safe.
We will not transfer any of your information outside the European Economic Area without ensuring the information is given an adequate level of protection under the DPA and GDPR.
We cannot guarantee the privacy of personal information you transmit over the web or that may be collectable in transit by others, including third-parties who provide services to us, we do, however, consider data protection requirements when choosing our third-party suppliers.
We use Unleashed Web to host our website. Apart from our SSL certificate that encrypts data sent to and from the website, the hosting service provided by Unleashed Web offers further security measures to protect our data:
- A dedicated firewall installed on the server that blocks attacks (Eg. DDOS, Flood).
- Monitoring tools to detect and shut down suspicious activity.
- Data cannot be accessed from external IP addresses.
- Databases are protected by complex passwords.
- All sensitive data stored in databases are encrypted – “one-way encryption” is used in all web applications and websites to generate the encrypted passwords.
- Websites, applications and systems installed on the server have a mechanism that counts failed login attempts. The IP address is then blocked.
5. Third-Party Data Processors
To provide the best possible service, we use a number of third-party companies to process personal data on our behalf. These companies have been carefully selected to ensure that they meet both our own stringent data protect values as well as the regulations laid out in section 2. We will not provide data to companies who do not meet the GDPR standards, nor will we ever sell your data to a third party.
Our third-party data processors are as follows:
6. What Are Your Rights?
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right to be told what data we are collecting and what it is being used for.
- The right to access any of the personal data we hold about you.
- Please address any such requests to M. Newing along with two pieces of approved identification – such as a passport, driving license or addressed bill (these will be deleted after your identity has been confirmed). Please provide as much information as possible as to your relationship with us to help us find your information. We will respond to your query within one month and will not charge for this service unless the request is unfounded or excessive.
- The right to modify any data we hold about you that is inaccurate.
- Please address any such requests to M. Newing. We will respond to your query within one month and will not charge for this service unless the request is unfounded or excessive.
- The right to request that we delete any of your personal data that we have collected and currently store and process.
- Please address any such requests to M. Newing along with why you wish your data to be deleted. For data to be deleted you must be able to explain why we no longer need to hold the data, to withdraw the consent on which our processing is based or show that the data is being processed unlawfully.
- The right to be given a copy of the data we hold about you so that you can transfer it to another organisation.
- Please address any such requests to M. Newing and we will provide you with an open format copy of your data that can be easily used by other companies.
- The right to object to certain types of data processing – such as direct marketing.
- The right to object to automated data processing – such as data profiling.
- Complain to the UK’s data protection authority (the Information Commissioner’s Office) if you feel that we have not properly protected your data or adhered to your data rights as defined above.
7. Complaints about Use of Personal Data
If you want to make a complaint regarding our collection, processing and storage of your personal content, you can contact M. Newing using the contact details in section 10.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaints, or believe that we are processing your data in an unlawful way, you are within your rights to escalate the issue to the UK’s data protection authority – the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
8. Data Breaches
If an unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s), or any of our third-party processors, does occur and it is apparent that identifiable personal data stored has been stolen, we will inform all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach.
9. Changes to This Privacy Notice
10. How to Contact Us
Please direct all questions and requests to
Galmpton Touring Park, Greenway Road, Galmpton, Nr Brixham, Devon, TQ5 0EP
Torbay & South Devon
Torbay & South Devon
The Torbay area spans the towns of Torquay, Brixham and Paignton and is a popular tourist destination in South Devon, the heart of the English Riviera. Surrounded by amazing coastline and stunning countryside, the area offers all year round...Discover More
Galmpton Touring Park is set in the most beautiful and spectacular part of South Devon, with views over the broadest reaches of the River Dart, occupying a delightful rural position in a quiet and private location...Discover More