Updated 3rd June 2020 | 3.45 pm
IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE
At this difficult time, we understand how important your holiday is to you. To provide you with additional reassurance we are introducing our Coronavirus Booking Promise for the 2020 season.
We are now taking bookings for self-contained caravans & motor-homes only, for dates from the 4th July 2020, however we are still waiting on a Government update on the exact permitted opening date for our industry.
We have taken the incredibly tough decision to close our facilities block for the remaining 2020 season, due to the inability to allow for social distancing as well as ensuring the safety of our customers and staff. This situation will be kept under constant review, but for now the facilities block will be closed during the 2020 season along with the children’s play area.
This decision sadly makes certain unit type bookings unavailable. Our team are currently busy contacting all bookings that do not have their own toilet and washing facilities to discuss your options. If you have not heard from us, please bear with us, whilst we work our way through this task.
If you are booked with us and your unit is self-contained, but you no longer wish to take your holiday, due to the lack of facilities, please email us your name, postcode and booking reference so that we can either move your booking to 2021 or refund you in full.
We have many regular families who have visited us every year for years and it is with a heavy heart we have had to cancel your holiday and sincerely apologise for this. We hope to be back to normal in 2021.
For existing caravan/motor-home bookings
We are now able to offer you to keep your holiday under the understanding that our facility block, reception & play area will not be open for your stay. There will be no reduction in tariff but you will get a small family run park in a wonderful setting for you to enjoy the great outdoors.
OUR CORONAVIRUS BOOKING PROMISE TO YOU
– If you wish to cancel your booking, we will move your booking to 2021 or refund you in full. You need to advise us no later than the 17th June 2020.
– If we need to cancel your booking, you can choose to either move your booking or receive a full refund for bookings up to the 24th October 2020.
– We are currently not taking balance payments until we have updated guidance from the Government. When our opening date is confirmed full balances will then be due 28 days before your arrival.
– If a member of your booking party falls ill or must isolate due to Covid-19 we will move your booking to another date.
OUR PLANS TO OPEN SAFELY (for self-contained units)
A considerable amount of time has been spent researching and taking advice on safety relating to Covid-19. Our safety procedures have been updated to ensure that:
– All staff will be trained in safe practise at this time.
– Cleaning & hygiene measures will be enhanced throughout the site to keep our staff and customers safe.
– We will have a contactless reception, you will book in via phone call and a socially distanced warden will show you to your pitch.
– There will be one central refuse area on the Park for all customers to use to minimise contact with other guests’ waste.
– Our CDU & water points will be fully operational throughout your stay.
– There will be no information point in place this season, so we ask that you check our website here for information on the local area.
WE ASK OF YOU
– Do not visit the Park if you or a member of your booking has any symptoms of Covid-19, please call us to move or cancel your booking.
– We recommend that you carry and use hand sanitising gel regularly to protect yourselves and others.
– Wearing protective gloves when using the water, refuse and CDU points is highly recommended.
– To adhere to the 2-metre social distancing rule at all times.
– Only you and the people named on your booking will be permitted on park, we ask that you meet with guests off the Park, as they will not be permitted on site.
– If you contract symptoms whilst staying with us, you must isolate within your unit and call us immediately so that we can help deal with the situation.
Finally, if you have any concerns whilst you are on Park, please call the Duty Warden so that we can help you.
As a small, family run park we are confident that we can provide a happy and safe environment for those of you with self-contained tourers to be able to relax and enjoy your holiday, providing the perfect base for inland and coastal walks, numerous water-sports and exploring this beautiful part of Devon – so please come and enjoy!
For more information please click here to read our full terms & conditions.
On behalf of all us here at Galmpton Touring Park we sincerely thank you again for your patience and understanding at this difficult time for us all.
Torbay & South Devon
Torbay & South Devon
The Torbay area spans the towns of Torquay, Brixham and Paignton and is a popular tourist destination in South Devon, the heart of the English Riviera. Surrounded by amazing coastline and stunning countryside, the area offers all year round...Discover More
Touring & Camping
Touring & Camping
We have a variety of pitches from non electric, hardstand electric to service pitches…Discover More
Galmpton Touring Park is set in the most beautiful and spectacular part of South Devon, with views over the broadest reaches of the River Dart, occupying a delightful rural position in a quiet and private location...Discover More