Updated 31st March 2021 6pm
Latest Government guidelines, state that we are permitted to open from the 12th April for self-contained units only, this means you must have on board your own shower and toilet facilities. We are unable to accept your booking if you do not have provision for this. At this time, you are permitted to holiday with your own household only.
From the 17th May at the earliest it is anticipated that our facilities should be permitted to open as usual.
You should follow all of the current Government guidance relating to Covid 19 Safety for the duration of your stay.
We hope you understand that we have to adhere to important Covid 19 safety guidelines to ensure we are permitted to open our park. Please read the following information before your arrival regarding safety procedures. This is vital to maintain the safety of yourselves and others and the guidance has been set out by our national governing body
Our Covid Secure Statement
The ‘We’re Good To Go’ industry standard and supporting mark means that we have demonstrated that we are adhering to the respective Government and public health guidance, have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and have the required processes in place. View our certificate here.
We politely ask all holidaymakers and Private Owners to please not travel to the Park if you are feeling unwell or displaying any signs of Covid 19. Please contact reception and we will discuss your options.
IF YOU DEVELOP SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19 WHILE ON THE PARK
Should you or anyone in your party develop any symptoms whilst on site at Galmpton Touring Park, please notify reception by phoning us immediately on 01803 842066 or on the duty warden’s phone number. It is important for the safety of all of our guests & staff, that you and all of your booking party, remain in your accommodation and await further guidance from our team.
- We are now operating a contactless check in.
- Before you arrive, we ask that you advise us of your arrival time. This should be between 12pm – 6pm. We understand holiday traffic & regularly keep an eye on traffic incidents that may affect your travel, but we do require an ETA that we can add to your booking. At this time we are unable to accept late arrivals.
- One of our wardens will be awaiting your arrival. We ask that you remain in your car for the warden to check your details, lift the barrier and direct you to your pitch. Please bear with us if we are attending to a customer in front of you. If you do not see a warden, please call us on our duty mobile number.
- We will not be supplying customers with our normal welcome pack, so we ask that you search our website before arrival for all necessary information and welcome pack details.
- We have replaced our barrier system with a pin code and this will be given to you verbally on arrival. We will regularly update the pin for security reasons, so please check the board as you pass.
- Please check your booking details and ensure that all of your extras are on your booking & call us to add them if not, as without them pre-booked we may not be able to accommodate your booking.
ENHANCED CLEANING STANDARDS
Our cleaning standards have always been exceptionally high & we want to give you the confidence that this will remain so. We have enhanced cleaning frequency of regular touch areas. This includes the regular cleaning of CDU points, water taps, refuse areas, hand gel stations, dog bins & all touch points. We will also clean each pitch’s electrical and water point after customers leave & again just as you arrive.
In 2020 we introduced new cleaning products which are anti-viral & highly effective against pathogens similar to Coronavirus. This has been recommended to us from our specialist cleaning company.
All our team have been trained in cleanliness & hygiene. We are providing our team with PPE, including gloves (which they have always used) and face-masks. It is not a requirement that they use face-masks, however we hope you do not mind if they choose to do so for yours and their enhanced safety. In the unlikely event that you have any issues regarding cleanliness please call the duty warden phone immediate so it can be resolved.
TRACK & TRACE
We must have the names, address and contact details of all members in your booking prior to arrival – please email us these with your booking reference number, if you have not already provided us with them.
NHS TRACK & TRACE APP
All of our guests must check in to the NHS Covid 19 app by scanning the QR code on arrival.
Please ensure you stick to the Government guidance regarding social distancing at all times when on Galmpton Touring Park.
As per our email, website & social media posts our facility block (showers, toilets & laundry) will be closed until 17 May when we hope to be permitted to re-open them, pending Government guidance. Guests staying with us between 12 April -16 May must be in self-contained units with their own toilet and shower facilities inside their unit. We do not accept exterior toilet and shower facilities, for hygiene reasons for other guests.
THE PLAY AREA
Our play area will be open for the 2021 season. You are required to ensure that you and your children use the hand sanitiser provided before entering & exiting the play area. You must be aware that although we will sanitise the play area, it is impossible for us to do this after ever child’s use & this is why you are required to sanitise hands before and after entering the play park and using the equipment.
Play area safety rules;
– Parents are responsible for supervising their children at all times on the play equipment.
– Please ensure hands are sanitised before & after use of the equipment.
– Please do not eat or drink in the play area.
– Play equipment should be used by a maximum of 3 children on any one piece at any time.
– Please be considerate to those waiting to play.
– Please report any contamination immediately to the park wardens at reception.
– Dogs are not permitted inside & around the play area at any time.
Day visitors are not permitted to visit Galmpton Touring Park during the 2021 season at this time.
WHILST ON THE PARK
While you are on park, we ask that you always maintain the required social distancing (or new guideline as required). Please make space for each other & be patient at any pinch points. You must observe any new one-way systems that we have put in place, these will be clearly signed.
Social gathering with other families may not permitted whilst on park – please follow the current government guidance.
If you fall ill whilst you are staying with us or develop a new continuous cough or high fever, you and your booking party must make arrangements to return home immediately. You are not permitted to self-isolate on our holiday park. We would also ask you to inform our wardens via the warden’s phone number so that we can commence our emergency Covid protocol. Our emergency contact number is 07923 475940.
You are permitted to holiday with your own family at this time only & group bookings are not permitted.
Your children must be accompanied by an adult at all times. This is to ensure that social distancing is maintained on the park & they don’t freely wander into others space. This includes in the play park, children should not be left on their own in the play area at any time.
It is vital we ensure maximum cleanliness of the CDU & water points, these points will be regularly cleaned, please help us by:-
– Please ensure you sanitise your hands before & after using the water and CDU points.
– You should wear protective disposable gloves if possible when using all shared touch points.
– Please empty your toilet cassette/waste water down the green disposal unit & not the open drain. The lid should be closed, where possible, before flushing.
– Please report any contamination immediately to the park wardens at reception.
– You must ensure social distancing at these points as directed by the Government.
TO BRING WITH YOU
Please bring your own supply of food, drink & essentials.
We also recommend that you bring hand gloves that should be worn when using any public touch points, such as water points, refuse areas, CDU points etc. Additionally we recommend that you bring your own supply of alcohol hand sanitiser and use it regularly. The use of masks is not a necessity, however we do welcome the use of them.
We ask you to remember that Service pitches are suitable for grey waste only. CDU points must be used for all Elsan disposal. If the drainage systems are not treated properly, it will result in the closure of the Park and a health hazard.
OUR LOCAL COMMUNITY
We have an extremely well stocked local shop, ‘The Galleon Store’ which sells all the basic essentials as well as fresh fruit and vegetables, a cheese counter, fresh bread, freshly made frozen meals & alcohol along with our village butchers ‘Savills Butchers’ next door. They are happy to supply you with all that you need for your holiday. They will do deliveries with advanced notice or operate a one-in, one-out shopping service. Please adhere to their guidelines whilst shopping.
Coronavirus Booking Promise
We understand how important your holiday is to you. To provide you with additional reassurance we are extending our Coronavirus Booking Promise for the 2021 season as follows;
– If we need to cancel your booking, you can choose to either move your booking or receive a full refund for bookings up to 3 October 2021.
– If a member of your booking party falls ill or must isolate due to Covid-19 we will move your booking to another date. Our full Coronavirus Booking Promise Terms & Conditions can be read here.
Torbay & South Devon
Torbay & South Devon
The Torbay area spans the towns of Torquay, Brixham and Paignton and is a popular tourist destination in South Devon, the heart of the English Riviera. Surrounded by amazing coastline and stunning countryside, the area offers all year round...Discover More
Galmpton Touring Park is set in the most beautiful and spectacular part of South Devon, with views over the broadest reaches of the River Dart, occupying a delightful rural position in a quiet and private location...Discover More