All reservations for accommodation are applied for and accepted subject to the following terms and conditions. In these conditions the Company means Wilson Leisure Ltd t/as Galmpton Touring Park. ‘You’ and ‘your’ refer to the person named when making the booking and signing the Booking.
How to Book
Online: got to www.galmptontouringpark.co.uk and book online, payment through a secure gateway. For group bookings please call 01803 842 066 to make your booking.
By phone Call us on 01803 842 066. We will check availability and we can take a booking with a deposit made by quoting your credit / debit / switch card number. You can also post us a cheque, after completing your booking by phone. Cheques made payable to Wilson Leisure Ltd., Galmpton Touring Park, Greenway Road, Galmpton, Nr Brixham, Devon, TQ5 0EP. Please ensure you put your booking reference on the reverse of your cheque. Pitches will not be held without a deposit payment.
Touring & Camping
To confirm your booking, we must receive from you a deposit of £25.00 for each week or part week booked. This is non-refundable, under any circumstances. The deposit will be deducted from the total balance due. In the event that the booking is for one night and equals less than £25.00, the corresponding amount will be due and the restrictions above apply equally to this payment.
Payment of Balance
Touring & Camping
FOR ALL BOOKINGS THE HOLIDAY BALANCE IS DUE 28 DAYS BEFORE YOUR HOLIDAY COMMENCES. Please note, if the balance is not received by the due date, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and re-let the pitch. We do not send a reminder after the initial booking confirmation letter has been sent.
Minimum Bookings for Touring & Camping
We have a minimum booking of 3 nights during Bank Holiday weekends for all pitches, and 2 nights on for all other dates.
Methods of Payment
Payments can be made by online through a secure payment gateway or by Cash, Cheque and Credit, Debit or Switch Card. If cash is sent in the post it MUST be via Recorded Delivery. VAT is included in all of our tariffs at the current rate at time of publication, and is subject to change if the VAT rates change.
All reservations constitute a legal contract. Once a booking confirmation has been issued by the company, the first-named person on the Booking is responsible for the total price of the booking. In no circumstances can the deposit be returned. Any Touring / Camping Pitch not paid in full 28 days before the due date of arrival may be immediately re-let by Wilson Leisure Ltd.
We require written notice of any cancellation – to be received by us no less than 14 days before the due date of your arrival. If we receive this notice, we will refund any monies received for the booking less the deposit, which is non-refundable in any circumstances, and less a £10.00 administration fee. No refunds or date transfers are available if you leave earlier than your departure date.
If we cancel your holiday
We reserve the right, in any circumstance, to cancel your holiday, and in any event where this happens we will offer you an alternative holiday of comparable standard subject to availability, or refund the total cost of your holiday paid to us. You will therefore have no additional claim against us or any letting agent involved in the booking.
Residents will be required to pay for the cost of any loss or damage for which they may be responsible to any part of the premises, or to any property belonging to or leased by the Company that has been damaged, destroyed or removed.
Arrivals and Departures
There is a height barrier set at 7ft (2.1 metres). All arrivals and departures must be within the opening times or by special arrangement where this can be accommodated. We do not allow any pitching after 9pm in High Season or dusk at any other time. This height barrier can be closed at any time during the day for security as and when we deem it necessary. Please report to reception for it to be opened during office hours & do not attempt to drive through it. In September & October arrivals must be before 6pm.
We have an automated barrier at the entrance to the Park. This barrier works on a personal key fob. Please report to reception for the barrier to be opened. You must ensure you bring a £10.00 cash deposit for us to issue you with a fob, to gain access to the Park. Key fobs remain the property of Galmpton Touring Park and must be returned at the end of your stay, during of office hours. Once you have departed from the Park, deposits are forfeited and we cannot return any deposits by post in any circumstances. Failure to return the fob, loss or damage of the fob, will result in the loss of your deposit. Please do not attempt to drive through the barrier at any stage.
Your pitch should be ready from 12 noon on the day of your arrival. To prepare for our incoming guests, we request all pitches are vacated by 10am promptly on the day of departure. Out of High Season we may be able to give you a late departure time until 12pm or 4pm if you pay for an extension. We may not be able to offer this at your time of arrival, if the pitch has already been re-booked on the day of departure. We cannot guarantee you a specific pitch. When we can we will do our best to acknowledge your request for bookings of 7 nights or over. We reserve the right to change your pitch at any time for operational reasons.
Touring & Camping
Please call us on 01803 842 066 to advise us of your likely arrival time so that we confirm if we will be able to pitch you. Access to pitches is at the sole discretion of the Duty Wardens. Tents may not arrive after dark and caravans and motorhomes arriving in darkness will not be able to gain access to power supply pitches and may have to stay overnight in the Late Arrivals Area. No gazebos are permitted.
Dogs are welcome on the Park as long as they are under control, kept on leads at all times and fouling cleared up and disposed of immediately. Dogs are at the Company’s discretion and you must inform us of the breed of dog at the time of booking. Access for any other pets should be discussed with reception before your arrival. We do not accept dogs under the dangerous dog act. We reserve the right to terminate your holiday without compensation or refund if you do not abide by the rules with reference to dogs on the Park, or if your pet is causing a nuisance or causing damage to Company property. There is a maximum of 2 dogs per pitch / holiday home (unless prior agreement arranged.) Dogs must not be left unattended in your caravan / tent / motorhome or holiday home at any time.
We will permit the use of barbeques so long as they cause no scorching to the grass and use only gas or charcoal as fuel. Please make sure all BBQs are raised from the floor, using bricks, which we can supply. Campfires and the burning of wood are strictly prohibited. We do not allow the use of Chinese / Thai lanterns.
We will return any lost / left property, however please note that there is a minimum at rate charge of £10.00 for return to cover admin, postage and package etc.
Vehicles must not exceed our 5mph speed limit within the boundaries of the Park, and must only be driven by holders of a current driving licence having adequate Third Party insurance. The Company will not be responsible for any loss or damage to property or persons, howsoever caused, in these respects. You will be advised of parking arrangements on your arrival. Please Note: We do not accept commercial vehicles.
Unreasonable Behaviour, Nuisance or Excess Noise
We reserve the right to decline a booking, transfer a booking or terminate a holiday without compensation or refund, if in the opinion of the Management the unreasonable behaviour (actual or anticipated with good reason) of residents or day visitors may lead to a situation that could prejudice the safety, enjoyment or comfort of others. Please ensure that radios, televisions, stereo equipment and noise is generally kept to a minimum so that no disturbance is caused to your neighbours at any time, but particularly after dark. Complete quiet should be maintained after 11pm.
- Guests wishing to entertain day visitors during the stay at our Park may do so subject to Management approval. Arrangements should however be made with Reception beforehand by the Guest, who must accept full responsibility for such day visitors.
- Payment of any fees due for day visitors remains the responsibility of the Guest.
- We restrict the number of visitors to no more than 4 per pitch / unit of accommodation daily – to arrive at the Park no earlier than 9.00am and leave no later than 8.00pm.
- Day Visitors are required to observe all Club Rules and especially all Statutory enactments and Regulations applicable to Licensing and Gaming to comply with the Management’s arrangements, and with these Booking Conditions overall which they are deemed to have knowledge of.
- Day Visitors may only visit Guests. We do not allow the use of the facilities to anyone who is not a Guest.
- Each Day Visitor must register at Reception and may stay only during the day.
Our holiday park caters primarily for family holidays and the Company will not accept any bookings for single sex groups of 3 or more persons, unaccompanied children (ie under 18 years of age) or groups of young people aged between 16 and 19 years of age.
Whilst we provide a range of facilities, please note that we do not provide childcare. Children remain the responsibility of their parents or guardians at all times. Children must be accompanied / supervised in the Shop, Shower / Toilet Block and Play Area.
- The caravan/motorhome owner undertakes, at his/her own expense, to insure the caravan/motorhome with a member of the Association of British Insurers as a minimum against loss or damage by Fire, Storm, Theft, Flood and liability cover of not less than £1m to third parties together with cover for such other risks as The Company may from time to time reasonably require.
- The caravan/motorhome owner shall not do or suffer or permit to be done any act or thing which shall or may render any increased or extra premiums payable under The Company’s own third party insurance or which may make void or voidable any policy of such insurance.
- The caravan/motorhome owner will be responsible to and keep indemnified.
The Company for the costs of all actions proceedings and claims by third parties against The Company in respect of any loss or damage or liability caused by or arising out of any wilful neglect or default of the caravan/motorhome owner or any other person authorised by the caravan/ motorhome owner.
The Company will take all reasonable precautions to protect the caravan from loss or damage while in storage but shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever caused that may occur (including by unauthorised parties or as a result of adverse weather) except as a result by breach of such reasonable precautions.
The caravan owner shall be responsible absolutely for properly securing the caravan, as provided for by the manufacturer, and to immobilise the caravan against theft by use of recognised, proprietary, anti-theft measures.
- The caravan owner shall not use or permit the caravan to be used for human habitation or use any gas appliance in the caravan while the caravan is in storage.
- No explosive or other inflammable substance or material may remain in the caravan whilst the caravan is in storage, with the exception that up to a maximum of two gas cylinders of a proprietary brand and suitable for use with the caravan may be left, disconnected, inside the caravan over the storage period. Should any such substances or materials be discovered, they may be disposed of as The Company feels fit and the caravan owner shall not be entitled to any compensation resulting from this action.
- Caravans being removed from storage for pitching at Galmpton must be cleaned first.
- The Company will not permit the removal of the caravan from the storage area on the Park by anyone other than the caravan owner except on the prior written authority of the owner to a person carrying such written authority bearing the original signature of the caravan owner.
If you have any comments that you wish to make during your stay at Galmpton Touring Park, please speak to our Duty Receptionist or Warden. In most cases he or she will be able to help you on the spot, where this is not the case, please make sure that you record the details with the Duty Receptionist or Warden, and then write to our Administration Manager no later than 14 days after the end of your holiday. Please note that we cannot subsequently act on any problem that has not been brought to the attention of the Park Management at the time it arose.
The Company will endeavour to provide all facilities advertised in the brochure or elsewhere, but reserve the right to make changes at any time. Levels of some facilities will vary according to the time of year and / or numbers of people on the park. All descriptions / photographs are intended for guidance only.
The attention of all guests is drawn to the rules governing the Park and in particular the following:
- The Company shall not be liable for any personal injury (fatal or otherwise), or loss and / or damage to persons or property of any nature howsoever caused, sustained by, or occasioned to any person (including persons under the age of 18 years) unless resulting from or caused by negligence of the Company. Furthermore, the question of any compensation in respect of alleged non-performance or improper performance of our contract with you (but subject to these Booking Conditions), will be considered by the Company on the basis of being reasonable in all circumstances and in any event limited to the actual price paid to the Company for your holiday.
- The person who makes the booking and signs the declaration at the foot of the Booking Form warrants to the best of his / her knowledge and belief that none of the persons listed thereon nor any Day Visitor for whom he / she is responsible is suffering from an infectious or contagious disease or has recently been in contact with any person so suffering. Any person who contracts an infectious or contagious disease during the reservation period must report the same to the Duty Receptionist or Warden.
- On no account can additional transportable electric or gas heating appliances or primus stoves be allowed within guest accommodation Use of any other electrical appliances are entirely at your risk.
All information within these Booking Conditions are correct at time of publication.
By making a booking with us, you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions as listed in our brochure and on our website.